Specialties: Culturally immersive travel
Hometown: Philipsburg, Montana
Current Location: Monterey, California
Favorite Travel Memory: My (now) husband (then boyfriend) and I hired a private driver and tour guide to go through Chianti wine tasting and exploring the beautiful countryside. It felt so intimate, romantic, and exclusive. I always try to do private tours since them.
Best Travel Tip: Plan many things well in advance, but also allow time for spontaneity in your itinerary.
Mom. Wife. Army Veteran. Dog lover. Foodie. Artist. Wanderluster.
Bringing people together through travel is what I live for! I want to make your travel dreams come true! Who doesn’t love to travel?! To me, travel is an opportunity to grow individually and in relationships through shared experiences in new cultures. Every time I travel, I love to reconnect with my loved ones. Travel eliminates the distractions of everyday life and allows me to focus on what’s important.
I grew up living all over the world, including Italy for three years. My parents were divorced so I went home to Montana to be with my dad at least once/ year. Every time I would go home I would feel restored, not just because I got to be around my loved ones and reconnect, but because I felt a true connection to the land and culture of Montana. There I could connect with nature and connect with myself – I still go back as often as possible to restore my soul.
In the same vein, I still move all the time as a military wife, so I am always traveling to be with family or to spend time with my husband after being apart for months. I use these opportunities to get away from everyday life and reinvigorate my relationships. I love to experience new cultures and foods with my loved ones. I feel this is a great way to get to know each other again.
Western US National Parks
NYC/ New Orleans (tie)
My Travel Must-Haves
Fun Facts About Me
- I met my husband in Afghanistan where we both served in the US Army
- I am only missing two states in my quest to visit all the states in the USA: Rhode Island and Alaska
- I have a preschool-age daughter and she is busy, determined, and amazing all at once
- I have two dogs and cat and I often travel with my dogs (my cat threatens to kill us every time we mention a car-ride)
- Good, local food is my personal #1 priority during travel
- I recently worked for nearly two years in corporate strategy for Carnival Corporation, the company that owns ten major cruise lines and roughly half of the world’s cruise capacity
- I have special knowledge of the American West and National Parks – ask me about Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, or the Grand Tetons!
- I have special knowledge of Italy as I lived there for three years – my Italian is rusty but my ability to plan an amazing vacation is on point!
- I have a Bachelor’s in Art History from the University of Washington in Seattle, WA with a focus on Italian Renaissance Art and Architecture – I am a great art and architecture history vacation planner!
- I was a Military Intelligence Officer in the Army before I got my MBA at the George Washington University in Washington, D.C.
- I am an INFP, borderline ENFP
Where I’ve Been
Ashley World Map
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yWH1NKdi8I&feature=youtu.be In March 2018 I took a trip with my sister to bond with her and strengthen our relationship. We decided to go to Morocco on a G Adventures trip and spent a couple extra nights in Marrakech before and...
It's a little scary to be in the travel business right now. We get it. That's why we created our Travel Agent Survival Guide. This is our step-by-step approach to help you focus on your business. Because we're experiencing the same ups and downs you are. This too...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHxNQOOALc&feature=youtu.be On a trip to Morocco in March 2018, my sister and I learned how to make Tajin in Morocco. It was delicious! I wrote about my experience in Morocco here and here. This class was included with our G...
Every year at the new year (since we’ve been open) we’ve written an article about the top destinations to travel to in the coming year. In years past, we’ve taken the aggregate recommendations of various respected travel publications to come up with a list that all...
This is a continuation of my last article, “Go on a Trip with your (Oldest) Sister and Trigger Your PTSD(?!)”I wanted to share the good parts of this trip in so as not to discourage you from going on a trip with your own sister or wanting to explore Morocco on your...
Make sure to check out all of the posts from Ashley's series of "Go on a trip with your sister..." Just recently, I realized I’m technically one of nine siblings in my crazy blended family! Well, that is, I have five half-siblings and three stepsiblings. I am the...