One of the fastest growing travel specialties is the “Girlfriend Getaway,” and it is easy to understand why. After all the stresses of everyday life, there is nothing quite as enjoyable and relaxing as getting away from “reality” with those true friends who allow (and even encourage) you to totally be yourself without fear of judgment. Of course, the same goes for men, although they may not admit it as freely. A few days away with the “buddies” on the golf course can be more valuable than hours of therapy! Here are a few suggestions for creative escapes:
- A little Retail Therapy? Most women love to shop, so why not combine a weekend in the “big city” with great shopping, dining and entertainment options? New York City and Los Angeles come to mind first, but there are many amazing options out there that are centrally located and served by convenient airports.
One of my favorite hotels in Rome is Portrait Roma, a 5-star boutique hotel owned by the Salvatore Ferragamo family. It is located right on the fashionable Via dei Condotti (street) and right above the Salvatore Ferragamo store. Rather than go into the store, they bring the store to you in your room for private fittings and style consultations.
- Why not check in to a Spa or Yoga retreat for a wellness weekend? A little pampering never hurt anyone, and you might even come home with some new healthy habits, and feel a couple of pounds lighter…both good things!
I’m going to let you in on a secret…an amazing new all-inclusive resort in Riviera Maya called Unico, not only includes all the typical services of such a resort, but includes select spa ad beauty treatments. What? Seriously. This is #1 on my girlfriend getaway dream list.
- What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas”…you know the old tagline! In addition to gambling, Las Vegas offers amazing dining; shopping and live entertainment…and most resorts have ridiculously gorgeous pools and spas! This destination is totally doable for all price ranges and you can usually fly there for decent airfare from anywhere in the U.S.
If you haven’t been to Vegas in awhile, it’s really worth checking out again. From the hottest new restaurants, to the new hotels, shopping, and attractions in the CityCenter, to the hottest entertainment – there’s something for everyone in Las Vegas.
- A few days spent wine tasting, or possibly signing up for a culinary-based vacation can be fantastic options for girlfriend getaways! Because wine and good food are ALWAYS a good idea!
What better way to combine wine, good food, and a fabulous destination than on a European River Cruise? As a matter of fact, Kinship Vacations has partnered with Wandering Fox Wine and Wine, Women, Wilderness to host an exclusive wine-themed cruise in the Bordeaux Region in November 2019 with AmaWaterways. For more information on that, be sure to SIGN UP HERE.
- A sports-related trip works well for both girls and guys too! What about a fitness retreat for those who love to exercise? Or a golf weekend at an amazing resort with tee times daily? Or a scuba diving trip in the Caribbean? All it takes is a shared interest and some planning!
I’ve been to two different Club Med properties and I will emphatically say, today’s Club Med is not the Club Med of the 80’s! Club Med has cleaned up and grown up! The reason I bring up Club Med is that it is a great place to plan an active/ sport-themed vacation as their properties always includes a ton of sports-related activities, from tennis, to golf, to watersports, to skiing – Club Med is great for active groups!
- All-Inclusive Resorts and Cruises are natural fits for this type of travel, where your biggest decision for the day might be whether to order champagne or a martini…or whether to sit by the pool or on the beach. Who wouldn’t welcome some mental “down time.”
If you haven’t yet asked me about cruising, you’re missing out. I am an unabashed cruise expert. I started the world’s leading cruise lines’ competitive intelligence department – I know about all the cruises. If you have never cruised, I am great at fitting you with the perfect cruise experience. Cruises range from floating cities of 5000 passengers packed with enough activities to make you never want to leave the ship to small, intimate 100+ passenger ships that visit more unique destinations and offer a more customized level of service. I truly believe there is a cruise for everyone!
So, think about YOUR ideal getaway…. whom do you need to spend some time with? Most of us have those folks in our lives that we are long overdue for a meaningful visit. Why not let Kinship Vacations help you plan that all-important trip soon…
One of my favorite quotes is from the Buddha: “The Trouble is…you think you have time”
If you are ready to start planning that girlfriend’s getaway, start by filling out our trip planning form, and we’ll get you scheduled for a free consult.
**By the way, a girlfriend’s getaway is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of our group travel leader program, which is an opportunity for you to earn free travel and/or raise funds for a good cause. Find out more here and fill out our Group Leader Form. **
As always, reach out to us if you have any questions at hello@kinshipvacations.
P.S. To keep receiving travel tips and inspiration and a FREE GUIDE, “10 Ways to Strengthen Relationships Through Travel” CLICK HERE